To anyone who loves the Grateful Dead…and Yoga…
Just wanted to share a new video with you and ask you a few questions before round 2 of The Grateful Dead Yoga Hour tomorrow night (4-20) in New York City. I’m guessing most of you don’t live in or near NYC so I’ll keep you posted on upcoming GDYH dates closer to your hometown.
If you wanted to answer the following just by clicking here…my answers are below:
1. Please describe your favorite moment in your Grateful Dead history.
2. What do you miss most about The Grateful Dead or more specifically, what do you miss most about Jerry?
3. If you could have a moment with Jerry, what would you tell him?
MY ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS:
1. At my first show in 91 at the Oakland Coliseum, I ran out of the arena because I got scared thereby causing the alarm doors to blare off. After my friend fanagled me back into the arena, I was still scared and asked if he’d hold my hand during Scarlet Begonias. He said “No.” Actually he really said, “F-ck no.” Obviously I was scared that night.
2. I miss the sparkles from Jerry’s guitar… although the Jerry sub in Further is AMAZING
3. I did almost have a moment with Jerry after a show in Memphis in 93. My relative knew Jerry’s manager well and arranged for me to meet Jerry backstage after the show. But there were no cell phones in those days and my relative had no way to get a hold of me. So I missed my chance to meet Jerry.